Saturday, December 16, 2006

Asian South Pacific Bureau of Adult Education

My friend Raquel and I have been trying so often to set a day to meet but her job often takes her away from home. There were times we just chatted online while she was in her hotel room somewhere in an Asian country or while she waited for her taxi to bring her to the airport to fly to her next destination.

I used to tease her that she was such a jet-setter but I do realize how much effort she puts into her work and how tiring and exhausting it can be to travel so often at such pace.

I'm dedicating this spot for her for being such a strong advocate for education and women's rights. I know her job often takes her away from her family, but her sacrifices to rally for the cause of her organization have benefitted thousands.

The Asian South Pacific Bureau of Adult Education (ASPBAE) works with organizations and individuals to foster adult education within the Asia Pacific region. It is an advocate for people's right to learn and have equitable access to relevant and quality learning opportunities. Recognition and support from Unesco and similar organizations on the hard work ASPBAE does already speak for themselves.

I'm proud of you my friend...

http://www.unescobkk.org/index.php?id=2898&type=98

http://portal.unesco.org/education/en/ev.php-URL_ID=45146&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah.. informative style :)