Monday, January 01, 2007

The Year Ahead...


New Year's Eve dinner was good. Lol, I did all the cooking. It always feels good when I hear them say the food tastes great. I didn't really put in much effort this year in preparing food for Christmas and New Year. There was less food on the table, though still more than what we should have. Well, knowing my kids' appetite, the leftovers will be gone the next day, I'm sure. Where they store all that food I have no idea. I can't remember eating that much when I was their age.

Now as I look back at the last 12 months of 2006, I know I have many things to be thankful for. Yes, there were bitter-sweet memories, many quite sad that left me sleepless and crying for weeks... months. But that's life. Maybe acceptance is the hardest thing at times, but when you get through it, things seem to get better.

What should I be thankful for? So many things...
  • > a healthy family
  • > my children coming home safely everyday from school
  • > a good job and getting promoted to a higher position
  • > a cooperative and supportive staff in my division
  • > being able to share a bit of what I have because I know there are others who need it more and will somehow benefit from it
  • > my parents
  • > friends who are there for me when I need them
  • > good and sad memories of a friend who emotionally called me his guardian angel and gave me all the moral and emotional support whenever I needed them
  • > coming home safely everyday from work
  • > meeting new friends
  • > finally learning to open up a bit more
  • > the sun shining
  • > the little sampaguita girl who said "salamat po" (thank you) with a smile

and so many little things that we don't realize make our lives better.

I look forward to a better and more fruitul year ahead. More importantly, I hope to be able to take action on decisions I have made and make them happen. It will be a hard step to make as I will be taking the road less travelled so to speak, at least for me.

My wish for everyone this New Year...peace, love and happiness

My special wish for the less fortunate who at this moment are suffering from hunger, war or oppression...a chance for a better life

My wish for charitable and cause-oriented groups like ONE, World Vision, World Hope International, many others...more success and more support from people who can help make this world a better place to live in

My wish for myself...courage and strength to make that bold step forward.


Have a Happy New Year!

No comments: