Friday, June 01, 2007

Blog Safely...

Today I received an e-mail from a moderator of a group I am a member of. She gave a reminder to bloggers to blog safely. If you don't want strangers suddenly contacting you at home or at work, limit the personal information you post in your blog. I know I should remind myself of this often, too.

I would have wanted to post Trish's e-mail but I also realized it may give others ideas. Trish and a friend played a "game" with 5 willing participants if they can trace their whereabouts just by reading the information on their blog. In less than 24 hours, they were able to contact all 5 just by reading their blog information.

I'm sure those who have been online a long time know only too well that there are many who can't just be trusted on the net. But we'd also all agree that there a lot of them too who are "more real" than those we personally know.

Good or bad experience for me, I don't regret having met people on the net that I became close to. But we do have to choose really well who we think and feel we can trust enough to be close and give personal information to.

No comments: