Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ohhhh You Men!!!

I chanced on this while looking for some nice poetries on the net. What a poetry this is. Gosh, you men can sometimes be soooo unromantic. I better not get a poetry like this...


Introduction

My wife used to moan all the time, "You never write me any poetry" so I wrote this and she's never asked again.



YOU'RE IN MY PRAYERS

I love you darling with all my heart,
I think you're truly incredible,
But I pray to the lord every night
"Please help her to cook something edible!"

I love your smile you warm my heart,
You're the woman I adore,
But I pray to the lord every night
"Show her what a vacuum is for"

I love the feel of your sweet smelling skin,
I look forward to our cuddles in bed,
But I pray to the lord every night
"Teach her needles can work with a thread"

I believe our love is solid gold,
For I'm sure it will never rust,
And I pray to the lord every night
"Show her polish will lift the dust"

You're my world you're my life
I will always want you near,
And I pray to the lord every night,
"Help her see windows come without a smear"

Even though my prayers sound harsh,
And romantically they seem flat,
The underlying message is
I must love you to put up with all that.

Copyright: Shapechanger

No comments: