Friday, March 09, 2007

Women and Equal Rights...




This is a tribute to all women who to this day continue to struggle to be recognized as equals of men. I didn't want to post any video or speech on religious or physical violence against women. I would rather focus on the more positive things being done by orgamizations to support women's rights and equality.

I do hope to see the day when all women can stand amongst men and celebrate world peace in a religious gathering, not set aside or disallowed from participating as they are now, simply because of their gender.

I do hope to never hear news of men tolerating and participating in the flogging and killing of a woman for divorcing her husband and having a relationship with another.

I very certainly hope to see the day when all women can live as equals of men in a just and humane society.



No comments: