Saturday, December 16, 2006

EMPATHY


In a previous entry, I said I'd write about Matt and here it is...

Some weeks back, I received an alert notification on my e-mail that Matt made a comment on my Blog. He said he added me to his blog links. That felt very good to hear from someone I never met (darn, I thought it was Matt Damon, grins).

Curious, I looked at Matt's blog. I then could understand why he said he liked mine. Most of my entries are emotional and speak of my life and life in general, but mostly about poverty, people, and topics that support the fight against poverty and aids. They are my realistic views of everything around me and how they somehow impact my own life...mostly subject matters that emotionally affect me.

But my blog isn't even a bit near from Matt's. His blogname in itself already speaks much of the compassionate person he is and what he advocates. His blog entries are very inspiring and thought-provoking. His post on"Finding My Life's Purpose" for instance, had personally touched me and I responded by writing about it.

I also found it quite amusing that a friend of his interviewed him to know just how real he is and posted this to her blog. It was a light interview to which Matt very candidly responded. And here I am now writing about him, too.

One thing is for sure, we need more of people like him around. I find myself fortunate to have met such an altruistic friend.

1 comment:

Matthew May said...

Thank you Lylin, it is great to know that my blog inspires and motivates and it is doubly great when I get to have friends like you. :)

Thank you!